Tuesday, October 30, 2012

30 Days of Thanksgiving (days 4,5, and 6)

This past weekend I have willingly given up use of the computer (and the room it is kept in) as hubby and I hosted his dad for a few days. The two of them took a motorcycle day trip a few hours away to an Army retiree's appreciation day, and I stayed home with the girls. They had a blast, and I got a few wife and daughter-in-law points for letting "the boys" go play. Well, maybe.

At any rate, the last few days has made me thankful that God has brought me to a place in my life that I'm not so insecure. NO, I'm not boasting. I'm just saying that there was a time not so long ago that I would have been furious if hubby DARED to do anything that didn't include me. Now? Well, now I'm not that person anymore. I might have shocked a year or two off of my poor father-in-law's life span by suggesting they go without me ... but it's time he wouldn't have gotten with his son otherwise. I'm glad to give that gift to them. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...