Wednesday, November 7, 2012

30 Days of Thanksgiving (days 12, 13, 14)

The word "stunned" comes to mind when I consider the last three days. My mind is tired, my heart is weary, my spirit is pained. The election was a disappointment, for sure, but there is much more troubling me. But gratitude and thankfulness is what I chose, and I will continue to choose to refocus my mind. Even if I can only come up with three things, those three are quite enough.

  • God is still just as mighty and powerful and IN CONTROL as He was two days ago. The results of one little election do not change anything in the grand scheme of things.
  • God has already won the war, even if His soldiers are bloodied and battle-weary. 
  • God can provide in very powerful ways. He does it all the time. 
Reality hurts, sometimes, but when the vision is clouded, sometimes it takes some painful means to clear them.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...