Thursday, November 1, 2007

An odd day

I did something (okay, more than one something) completely frivolous today. I started a subscription with the Paper Wishes Personal Shopper monthly scrapbook club. Oh, and I bought myself a crock pot (hey, this was frivolous if you consider that every gift I've gotten for Christmas or my birthday for the last five years has belonged in the kitchen cabinets) and an awesome new diaper bag that is more "me" than any of the other little girly diaper bags I've been toting around on my shoulder for three and a half years. It's AWESOME. Pink camouflage. It's got compartments inside its compartments. And a place to hook my USArmy (overkill? naaaaahhh) carabiner keychain.

But ya know what? I'm most excited about that scrapbooking club. Pete has been fussing at me for a long time to do something for "me" (maybe he's got just a TAD bit of guilt for all the BMW/Porsche/motorcycle stuff he's brought home these last few years?), and I finally figured out what that was. I am just bored stiff with the same three packages of plain scrapbooking paper that the PX's carry, and I purposely avoided Michael's with a passion (it was like avoiding dessert, y'all....this was NOT an easy task) while we were in the States, because I just KNEW I wouldn't be able to fit everything I wanted to bring home with me in that suitcase! So yes, we spent well over $300 on the kids while we were 'home'. Me? I got myself ONE outfit that was on sale at Wally World for $14. Hmm.

Hurry up, Mr. Mailman! I needs me some paper!

Ok, 'need' was a little much. But I AM a bit bored.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooo. Have my comments on your blog suddenly entered your psyche and influenced you? LOL

Just today I was at Hobby Lobby, drooling over the scrapping supplies (but staying true to my purpose there!) AND, I've been perusing the crocks like crazy. I don't know why, but I want a NEW crock BAD!! :)

As for the DB, I've a rockin' one that suits me, too: rad embroidered polka dots on a brown and green setting...

cool, huh? :)

Leah said...

Cute post! Made me smile because you're in for it now. LOL I am addicted to monthly kits. I usually buy just one a month, but if we had unlimited funds our house would be swimming in coordinating scrapbook products. hehe! I also had to chuckle because I can't imagine being bored with all those little ones! You are super woman cause I'm pretty sure I'd be passed out eery night after getting them all in bed! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...