Monday, October 5, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook, 10/5/2009

FOR TODAY, October 5th, 2009...
Outside my window... it is dreary and chilly. Our first true Autumn-y day.
I am thinking... that Kasey is two months old today--I really do need to schedule her well-baby checkup but I'm not thrilled that the clinic on base lumped the pediatric clinic in with the big folks. Now when I take my WELL baby in for her checkup, I'll have to sit in a waiting room with a whole bunch of grown sick people. Yuck. I'm not looking forward to that; it's precisely that type of exposure to germs that has sickened every one of the littles we've taken in for checkups. Every time. Do I HAVE to?
I am thankful for... the girls getting over this cold. It was not pleasant to sit at home yesterday. I believe I've had enough snot on my shoulder, thanksmuch!
From the learning rooms... finally we can say that this week brings just the average routine schooldays. Yay for average!
From the kitchen... I'm going to attempt to make some homemade flour tortilla chips for the girls to munch on so I'm not so worried about Shelby choking on the corn chips. She SO wants to be like the rest of us, dipping our chips into salsa!
I am wearing... my PJ's. Time to get dressed!
I am creating... scrapbook pages in my head. Now if I only had printed-out pictures, I'd be able to create them in real life!
I am going... to physical therapy in an hour. My hand is already cringing, but I'm looking forward to another electrostimulation treatment. It really does help!
I am reading... "Sheperding a Child's Heart" by Ted Tripp. Another book I wish I'd read 20 some-odd years ago.
I am hoping... to get started on some sewing projects this week; I need to get some fleece diaper covers made so I can put those expensive nighttime cloth diapers on the girls without fearing that the PUL covers won't hold overnight (and they don't).
I am hearing... the drone of the baby swing next to me. Thankfully, Kasey LOVES her swing--none of the other kids did so this is a new thing for me! It's wonderful to be able to get just fifteen minutes with both arms free to get things done!
Around the house... we have all bedrooms arranged and both girls' rooms are CLEAN! I need to hang curtains in Morgan and Jamie's room and look online for another valance to match the one I have (I need at least two!) for Dani and Shelby's room, but it's so much easier the way the rooms are arranged now and I'm LOVING the organization and the near-finished look that both rooms have!
One of my favorite things... Kasey's new blanket. Kelsey "dun-did-good" during her mall trip yesterday, finding Kasey a really NICE University of Alabama blanket made of 'minky' fleece with a satin trim. We are all so bored with pink, it's a wonderful change to have crimson on the baby! And oooooooh, so soft and fuzzy!
A few plans for the rest of the week: Pete has his sleep study this week; I have three physical therapy appointments; on Saturday, we are taking advantage of the military discount that Tate Farms is having and we're taking the girls to the pumpkin patch again! Pete didn't get to go with us last year, so the girls are excited to show Daddy the ropes!
Here is picture for thought I am sharing... I've got another bookworm on my hands--YAY!!!

A hearty thank-you to Peggy for hosting The Simple Woman's Daybook.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...