Thursday, May 27, 2010

So...how did YOUR May go?

'Cause mine was a bit of a blur. I know, I know....I started blogging about serious stuff, caught some people's attention, then disappeared off the map. Sorry. It's been one of THOSE months. You'll have to 'scuse me and my blatant disregard for the internet as of late. I would like to say I've been out in the backyard, camped out on a comfy quilt with hubby, watching the girls play....
But alas, I have not. If my mind wasn't already sidetracked with what has turned out to be a roller-coaster of emotions with my son and his fiancee (or is she? I'm not sure anymore), I had a graduation to prepare for, and that was no small undertaking. The biggest time-taker-upper was a scrapbook I made for her to have on display at the homeschool group's graduation reception following the ceremony, and I'll tell you...that scrapbook was EXHAUSTING! It's a good thing I'm not one of the types who gets all mushy and teary-eyed over old pictures of my kids, because I'd never have gotten it done! Thankfully, Kelsey actually enjoyed the scrapbook (even if she does still say that scrapbooking is silly), and all of our new friends and "family" got a good glimpse at all the years leading up to our move here--including pictures that they could compare all of the girls with, and the general consensus is that each of the little girls looks somehow "just like Kelsey" in their own way, yet they all look completely unique. God is truly an artist when it comes to creating biological "art"!
At any rate, we now have another high school graduate...and possibly another future in-law (??); regardless, this mom is tired. Emotionally, physically, and mentally. I just don't want to think for a while, if that's okay with everybody. After the last week, my brain needs some time off. Especially since we spent a week semi-worrying (and praying VERY hard) because the company Pete has been working for since February did NOT get their contract renewed and his job will be disappearing on June 1st......and yesterday, God came through with a HUGE answer to prayer when a much LARGER company with a much more important Defense contract (not to mention....the contract is long-standing and renewed!) contacted him and offered him a job doing exactly what he'd hoped to be doing when he retired from the Army! God truly does provide! But my brain....it's fried.
I hope y'all will excuse me whilst I do a little bit of brain renewing. I need to read and reboot. I'm SOOOO glad I've gotten next school year "covered" already so all I have to do over the summer is get to know the materials that already fill our schoolroom! Yay for preplanning!
Oh yeah....here's our newest homeschooled grad, Kelsey!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...