Monday, July 25, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook 7/25/2011

FOR TODAY - July 25, 2011 
Outside My Window... It is gray and ever-so-slightly breezy. I'm hoping that we get some rain to cool things off and water my droopy plants for me.
I am thinking... about how disorder breeds discontentment and stress. I simply cannot stand having things as disorganized and messy as they have been these last few weeks, but with Pete gone and one arm out of commission, it's SLOW going trying to get everything back in order. Already this morning I have had to take a break just to rest for a minute and keep the pain at bay. I want so badly for my home to be orderly and clean, but it's just not my reality right now. 
In the learning room... I can't find the floor. I'm glad I moved the schoolroom into the back of the house where it is not in the regular flow of traffic, because I think it would drive me batty to have to look at that mess all the time. I need to get it in order, because the last of the girls' 2nd grade books will be here this week, and we need to get started as soon as possible!
I am thankful for... yet another three-week separation coming to an end. Having the hubby travel every other month with his job might be a blessing financially, but WOW is it hard on me to do the temporary single-mom thing right now.
From the kitchen... I'm trying (there's a lot of trying, but not so much getting-done) to get the menu plan together so I can have some method to the grocery shopping madness that has me so discouraged. I really want to be able to make some banana nut bread tomorrow. Not today.
I am wearing... denim shorts and my 'cleaning' tee.
I am creating... a haven for the older two girls. They have wanted a "big girl" dorm-style bedroom for a while, and it's definitely looking good in there!!!
I am going... to be doing a LOT of cleaning this week, as my shoulder allows. Pain=the great slower-downer.
I am reading... Large Family Logistics and Managers of Their Chores.
I am hoping... to be able to leave a clean, organized home behind on Friday morning when I leave for Atlanta to pick the hubby up from the airport. I really do not like coming home to a mess, and I know that, while he understands my physical limitations right now, Pete would like to just come home and enjoy being home too.
I am hearing... Disney Jamz playing on the CD player in Morgan and Jamie's room, and the girls trying to sing along to songs they have never heard before--FUNNY!!!
Around the house... there is a LOT to do. I feel horrible just sitting here typing, even if I do need the break.
One of my favorite things... seeing the sweet, smiling face of my beloved as he gets off of the plane after one of his three-week-long business trips. 
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Looking for some finger-food ideas for Jon and Meagan's wedding reception, CLEANING, getting a plan in order for our school year, grocery shopping, then on Friday we head off to Atlanta to pick Pete up and then enjoy a Braves game together (and meeting up with a high school friend!), hopefully seeing some other friends on Saturday.
Here is picture thought I am sharing... Kasey with her "boggle" (I love that!!!) hanging out on the pile of laundry that I dragged in from the bonus room (wrapped up in a comforter since I can't carry more than an armful at a time) to fold. Can you tell I've got my work cut out for me?
If you're a blogger who longs for simplicity and relishes the "little" things, join all of the Daybookers who enjoy taking part in the Simple Woman's Daybook!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...