Saturday, April 5, 2008

Ahhhhhh........

We've been home from our trip to Southern Germany for almost a month now, and life is rolling along full steam, just as we knew it would, but you know, it still calms me just to sit and look at the pictures we took. I've come to realize that there are two places I am most "me" in this world--standing at the ocean's edge or the foot of a mountain. It's somehow intensely comforting to feel incredibly small, and to know that the One who created the awesome forces that shaped this world is still in charge, and even through all the noise, all the stress, all the mess that surrounds us day after day, He is still there, knowing full well what every one of us needs.

For me, spending a week looking at the view in this picture was exactly what I needed. Just LOOK, it's amazing....it's glorious, it's awesome. No other flippant use of the word 'awesome' even comes close to the reality of seeing what real awesome-ness looks like...and THIS is it:


3 comments:

Qtpies7 said...

That is an amazing picture, Kris! I would love to go back to Germany one day, really tour the castles and the surrounding areas, go to Bavaria.......... oh the things I would do now that we could do it.

Unknown said...

Yes, you are SOOO right . . .it is right up there with the "Delighted Three year Old Blowing Out Her Candle" pic.

both incredible wonders of God's creation.

Woman in the Tent said...

Oh what a beautiful picture! Laura

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...