Monday, June 7, 2010

Binder-Based Coupon Organizer is done!

Ok, so I stayed up till WAAAAAY past my bedtime getting this done, but it's DONE, and I'm thrilled with how it turned out! I'm pleased to say I now have a way to tote around my menu plan, shopping list, and coupons all in the same binder--and I'm even more pleased to say that my "brain" is all in one place in my binder now! Yippee!!!

I've blogged about my Home Management Binder before, so I won't bore you with all the details again. Let's just say that this "little" project is an ongoing one, and my current binder is a full three years in the making...or rather, the re-making?

This binder-renovation is in my 'Mealtime Matters' section. I stuck with my menu plan from DonnaYoung.org, and I did away with the printed-out shopping list in favor of just plain old notebook paper. Considering I do my shopping in three places (on base, at Walmart, and at Kroger) usually, with a printout I'd have to label each and every item individually by where I intended to purchase it, and that was just too much tedium for me; I ended up not even bothering with the binder list and made up my own. I like having the paper right next to my menu so as I'm writing out the week's menu, I can jot down my shopping list at the same time. For the record, the menu form is in a clear document protector and I use wet-erase markers to fill in the blanks. To the right of the notebook paper is my stay-up-all-night creation, my custom coupon organizer! I spent not a single dime on this project, as I used cardstock, contact paper, clear mailing tape, and yarn that I already had in my scrapbook stash.

I wanted the pockets holding the coupons to be sturdy, so they're covered in contact paper, and attached on the underside with clear mailing tape. The sides of the pockets (and the center of each pocket except the bottom one on the last page) are attached with yarn. I contemplated stitching with my sewing machine, but eh....too much to drag out. I just poked the needle through and tied. The "stitching" gives the pockets a little wiggle room; using staples or glue or something permanently stationary would have fixed the pockets in place without allowing them to expand a bit. I like it...whaddaya think?
WHEW! I'm glad THAT is done; now on to the next project!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...