Monday, December 21, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook, 12/21/2009

For Today… December 21, 2009
Outside my window... it is dark. I got a "late" start on blogging today, obviously. We were supposed to have clouds moving in, but I can actually see some very bright stars, so where those clouds have gone...your guess is as good as mine!
I am thinking... that I really should get started on wrapping the closet full of presents, but...I also REALLY need to get some rest. My body is not happy with me for letting myself get this tired.
I am wearing... jeans, my "I hate orange" Crimson Tide t-shirt, and socks.
I am thankful for... having all of the children home for the holidays; we will not be so fortunate next year, when we have our oldest oceans away in Afghanistan. Sigh...military life has some pretty depressing downsides.
I am remembering... when our older two were littler and life was so much less complicated. New changes, new phases, new challenges. Also remembering my sweet great-grandmother, who passed from this life seventeen years ago next month. Tomorrow is (it seems odd to say "would have been") her birthday. I still miss you, Mamaw!
I am going... to take a bubble bath and go to bed. Still a few days, the wrapping can wait.
On my mind... a thousand things, all at once. This time of the day is not the best for blogging, it seems!
Noticing that... it is so much more peaceful around here when the schedule is followed and things get DONE. Ah, order brings peace.
Pondering these words... "What is your life? It is but a vapor."
From the kitchen… lingers the smell of pizza. Tomorrow, Jon's favorite--country fried steak, mashed potatoes, and gravy.
Around the house... we're littered with remnants of Bible class craft projects (a regular Monday thing) and unpacking continuing here and there. The girls are all tucked into bed, Monday Night Football is playing in the background, and Pete is sitting next to me on his computer searching job listings. He starts his outprocessing next week for his retirement! WOAH!!!
One of my favorite things: family. Having all of us in one place. Missing the extended family, but there's just not much we can do about that right now. Anyone wanna buy my parents' house so we can move them up to Huntsville?
A few plans for the rest of the week: making cookies, hanging pictures, wrapping presents, installing closet organizers, building gingerbread houses....intertwining the everyday with the holidays.
From my picture journal... the girls making "tile angels" on the kitchen floor! Oh, the impromptu stuff little girls come up with! There truly is never a dull moment around here!

Many thanks to Peggy for hosting The Simple Woman's Daybook! Wishing each of you a wonderful Christmas full of all of the good gifts our Father can bless you with! Love and best wishes from our house to yours!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...