Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Getting to know your friends--Christmas tag

This is just too cute to pass up on, especially considering I think I used up all my thinking skills yesterday with the Blogger Friend School assignment! I came across this on Christmas Creations and figured it was a good non-thinking-day blog post. LOL!!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Both, actually. I use wrapping paper on rectangular stuff, everything else I put in bags.

2. Real tree or Artificial?
Well, I prefer real, but the logistics of it....not so much, so we have an artificial tree.

3. When do you put up the tree?
The day after Thanksgiving, usually, except this year we put it up a couple of days early 'cause I at least wanted something purdy in my living room when Pete's dad arrived.

4. When do you take the tree down?
As soon as we can after Christmas, we get sick of seeing it in a HURRY.

5. Do you like eggnog?
BLECH, no!

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Bikes...since I never got the Miami Dolphins helmet/shoulder pads/uniform set I wanted for like five years, I eventually gave up.

7. Hardest person to buy for?
Kelsey. She changes her mind every other day about what she likes, and that makes for some disastrous shopping excursions! Last year I had to take back two gifts before Christmas because between Thanksgiving and Christmas, she decided she HATED the idea of having what we'd bought.

8. Easiest person to buy for?
Normally, Pete. This year, though, it was my mom. Easy to decide on, hardest to....get wrapped up.

9. Do You have a nativity scene?
No. For some odd reason, they give me the heebie jeebies. Can't explain why, though.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Um.....I'd like to say mail, but I'm a world-class procrastinator. Maybe this year????

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Soap and a disposable razor from my mother-in-law. I'm still not sure what she was trying to imply!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
A Christmas Story, hands down. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation rates a very close second, though.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
The day after Christmas. All year.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
For white elephant parties, yes.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Ham and cheesecake (just not on the same plate).

16. Lights on the tree?
Every other year that I can remember, multicolored. This year, white. I'm loving it!

17. Favorite Christmas song?
"What Child is This?" and "Mary, Did You Know" (Kathy Mattea's)

18.Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Depends. This year, we'll travel. Next year, dunno.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Yup. Even Randy the Redneck Reindeer!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Beleive it or not, we have put a Santa hat on the top of the tree for the last two years, and I kinda like it. No trying to balance something that keeps wanting to fall over!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
The kids always get to open one gift on Christmas Eve (new pajamas so they look cute on Christmas morning) and then everything else is opened the morning of Christmas.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Black Friday. It's crazy. I did NOT miss it the three years we lived in Germany.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
I love my patriotic Army-themed ornaments.
If you're reading this, consider yourself tagged, and I want to read your list, so link up in the comment section! Oh, and go see Getting to know your friends---Christmas Edition and leave your link for her too! Just for fun....last year's tree:

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

LOVE the Santa hat idea! Wish I'd heard the idea before we once again precariously perched our glowing angel atop our 9 ft. tree!

And National Lampoon's one of my fave's as well! :)

Kathleen said...

Kris ~ I took on the tag. :-) Oh, and I added a #24 and 25 because it didn't seem right to have 23! (I'm a little OCD.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...