Monday, December 1, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook 12/1/08

FOR TODAY December 1st...

Outside my window... it is SNOWING! In Alabama!? How'd that happen?

I am thinking... that I really need to start buying the ingredients for all the Christmas goodies that I'm going to be making in a couple of weeks before everything is sold out, and the commissary has hams on sale this week, yay!

I am thankful for... the college-age 'kids' at church who are trying to get Jon involved in everything they can! He really needed to feel included, even if it is just for a short time. "Home" means a lot to him and Kelsey both after all the moving we've done in their lifetimes, and I'm sure it means the world to Jon to know that when he goes to his duty station in April, there will still be a "home" for him here with people who know him and miss him...other than just his family, that is.

From the kitchen... blueberry muffins for breakfast, turkey sandwiches for lunch, and I probably need to figure dinner out eventually, huh?

I am wearing... my 'Army Mom' tee and shorts. Unseasonably dressed, I know, but Kelsey has to have it so warm in here that I just melt if I dress 'appropriately'.

I am creating... a lovey blanket for our first [step] nephew, due the end of this month. It's odd to be handling something that isn't girly! Nice change of pace!

I am going... to Wal-Mart to returm the dollhouse we bought for the girls last month, since I pickedup another one just like it Saturday that had a bonus patio furniture set included for the same price.

I am reading... recipe books and websites, scouring them for goodie recipes.

I am hoping... that all goes well for Uel's surgery tomorrow and that he is blessed with the healing potential of a 40-year-old...and that Jill's family can have peace through the holidays!

I am hearing... the girls playing 'crocodile', chasing each other around the room and nipping each others' ankles. These three are so weird!

Around the house... it's beginning to look a little like Christmas, but I'd like to get it looking a LOT like it if I can dig our decorations out of the storage room. At least we have a tree. No ornaments, but we've got the tree!

One of my favorite things... white Christmas lights. First year we haven't had colored blinky lights, and I'm liking this! So pretty...

A few plans for the rest of the week: I have an appointment tomorrow to get Ty's rabies shot updated so we can get him fixed and declawed now that he's old enough. Other than that...just gearing up for Christmas!

Here is picture thought I am sharing... yes, we ventured out into the retail frenzy on Black Friday, and Jamie was not even slightly amused. Can you tell?
Go check out some of the other Daybook participants' entries at The Simple Woman's Daybook!

3 comments:

Renee said...

Kris,
Are you part of SHS? I was just wondering since I didn't "recognize" you and I know that SHS has lots and lots of participants.
Renee

Jennifer said...

I totally agree with you about the Christmas lights - we went white this year too and it's so much more serene :)

I'm an Army wife too. My hubby has been in for almost 21 yrs - we've only been married for 10 though. Unfortunately he did 2 tours in Germany before we met, so I missed out on all of the fun traveling around Europe. Maybe next tour....

Tammy said...

Is it REALLY snowing in Alabama? Guess I need to listen to the news more often :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...