Monday, July 30, 2007

PLEASE, can I take a sick day?

I wanna do nothing but lay in bed today. I want to be able to follow where the antihistamine fog is leading me. I don't want to have to struggle to keep my head afloat. I do NOT want to fold laundry, cook, sweep, clean toilets, make my bed, or even get dressed today. I just want to be "sick". It's my turn to be a big baby, for goodness' sake!

I've been thinking...if the theory of evolution were correct, wouldn't all females grow a replacement clone during that nine months before the arrival of a baby? A backup, someone who doesn't have to be trained in the intricacies of family life, but who can snap into action when the ailing Mom needs her? Seems to me that we, the supposed tippy-top of the evolutionary ladder, would have evolved to suit our needs, no?

Ah, the wonders of creation. God KNEW Adam would need help. So...did Eve have a nanny for her rambunctious brood?

1 comment:

Qtpies7 said...

Surely this would be so......

And, YES, There IS life outside of contests, lol. Goofy!
I'm hoping to be a columnist for another blog doing contests and following through on who won them, etc. So, I'm focusing on it a bit, hehe, as they are reviewing my entire blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...