Monday, July 23, 2007

A sweet little tagalong

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketThis has become one of my favorite pictures of Dani. It somehow shows so much of her little personality--even though she's so small and the picture is a very limited view of her face. Those big, blue eyes, the hidden grin...the fact that you don't know what else is going on in the background but that just doesn't matter. Just like Dani. What you can't see is that there is a huge Fourth of July festival going on behind her, complete with loud rides, a paintball game, live music, and a block-long BBQ party. But it just doesn't matter to this little sweetie. All that mattered was being cozily snuggled up to Mama. It never ceases to amaze me how each of my children have managed to fall asleep during events like these (Kelsey even dozed off during a car race!); they haven't been the least bit fazed by background noise, and they have all been able to "turn off" the busy-ness around them to fully relax, as long as they were safe and snuggled up to me or Pete. I wish I could shut off the outside world sometimes!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...