Thursday, August 2, 2007

Thursday Thirteen--What we miss about the US

Thirteen Things we miss about living in the US
Ok, so I've heard a ton about Thursday Thirteen since I started blogging, but my voluntary computer illiteracy was stirring massive amounts of fear within me keeping me from actually attempting it, but I figured it was time to just go for it. The older kids and I actually came up with a great list of thirteen things that we missed about the US while we were stuck in a stand-still stau (that's German for traffic jam) yesterday for an hour and 45 minutes, so hmm, I guess I'll start there!
1.Sonic slushies (Kelsey has begged four or five people to just TRY to FedEx her one, to no avail)
2.Shopping at Wal-Mart at midnight instead of being shooed out abruptly of the store at 6pm.
3.Regular fellowship with our brothers and sisters in Christ. One hour a week is NOT enough!
4.Stumpknockers. Yum. Best all-you-can-eat catfish and fried mushrooms ever to cross my lips.
5.Dollar stores
6.Checkers' cajun burgers
7.THE BEACH!!!!!!
8.Being able to take off on a 4-day-weekend to visit anyone we wanted to
9.Cuban crackers
10.Minor league baseball games
11.Golden Corral
12.Malls
13.Friday game nights at our house with too many people, too much food, and so much fun we had to sleep in the next day!
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Sonic Slushies and Checkers' Burgers. The nearest Checkers to us (still 45 min away) shut down and now I can't get my burger and cheapo shake fix when I'm in that area.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Qtpies7 said...

I'm starting to wonder... everywhere I always go, there's Laura commenting, hehe. Is she stalking my blog roll? LOL
I got a column at momsblogging, she got a column at momsblogging....
I have 7 kids, she has 7 kids.........

Anyways, great list! did you post a link at the Thursday Thirteen site? Thats how you get the most visitors, go there, link up and visit lots of other people's blogs and comment. Your stats will start to rise!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...