Monday, November 3, 2008

Menu Plan Monday--Election Week

My plan to stick to a theme for each day of the week is working wonderfully. Pete and Kelsey love it--especially the "kids' choice" and "dad's favorite" days! I found a cute little magnet-backed dry erase menu board at Wal-Mart the other day for $1, and I figured it would be perfect to post our menu plan on the fridge so I could see every morning what we were having that night and take out anything that needed to thaw (instead of panicking at 3pm and thawing it in the sink....and then cooking half-frozen meat!), and I even put our daily themes in permanent marker on each day! Love it!

Monday (try something new!)--chicken cacciatore (no, I've never made this before!)
Tuesday (comfort food)--ham, mac & cheese, fresh green beans (pan-"fried" with bacon, garlic, and soy sauce...YUMMY!!!)
Wednesday (soup/salad/sandwiches)--beef stew and homemade bread
Thursday (easy peasy)--tacos
Friday (pizza night)--homemade pizzas (I think I'll do a BBQ chicken pizza this week in addition to my regulars)
Saturday (kids' choice)--hot dogs (chili dogs for us big folks), tater tots, corn on the cob
Sunday (Dad's favorite)--French dip sandwiches and salad

Need some ideas for planning your own week's menus? Go check out Menu Plan Monday at I'm an Organizing Junkie!

1 comment:

Kirstin said...

Great menu! I love making chicken cacciatore. I do mine now in the crockpot to save time. I like your theme nights as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...