Friday, October 24, 2008

Does this mean I'm a grown-up now?

I just had my first official planning session with my grown son about the holidays. Not the usual "what are you going to be heartbroken if you don't get for Christmas", no...this was the real thing. Talking about what he wants to get his sisters for Christmas, what we're getting them, who's going where for Thanksgiving and Christmas, when he and his dad need to put in for leave, how many days they're taking off, who's driving which car....and how many more places we'll need to set for Thanksgiving because there are guys who aren't going home and who don't have anywhere else to go.

Next year, OUR house will be "home" and he'll be somewhere far away.

We're about to add a whole new dynamic to life. I suddenly feel very old.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...