Monday, October 6, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook 10/6/08

FOR TODAY, OCTOBER 6th, 2008...

Outside My Window... it is once again clear and cloudless. That's supposed to change later on in the week as we have another cold front roll in, so I'm going to take the opportunity to enjoy the sun!
I am thinking... that we are going to be in for quite a challenge when we start looking for a house next year. There's that "planner" in me again, hard at work. Pete picked up two real estate booklets yesterday and we realized just how unalike our preferences really are as we looked through them before bed!
I am thankful... that my cyst did not take three or four days to rupture like they usually do. A few hours of excrutiating pain was enough, thanksmuch! God had mercy on this tired mom!
From the kitchen... I'm making up my menu and shopping list, and here's what I've got so far:
  • Monday--shepherd's pie
  • Tuesday--chicken tacos
  • Wednesday--clam chowder, fresh veggies, and dip
  • Thursday--baked chicken, spaghetti squash, and brown rice
  • Friday--mazotti and green beans
  • Saturday--ravioli with meat sauce, garlic bread, and salad
I am wearing... black capris and a white tee (it's supposed to be 84 degrees today!)
I am creating... the last of the girls' nature-treasure-keepers; I got Morgan's and Danica's done last week, but needed ribbon to finish Jamie's. We'll be ready for a nature hike by the week's end!
I am reading... Welcome Home by Emilie Barnes
I am hearing... Dani's little voice practicing the new words she's started repeating the last week or so. It's great that she's finally using words instead of grunts more often!
Around the house... I finally have the girls' room and the master bedroom cleaned up and in order. Today, it's on to the playroom/nursery, and then, thank goodness, I'll have most of the big stuff done!
One of my favorite things... my laundry room. Odd, yes, but this is the first house we've been in that I've had a laundry room that truly works for me. It's big enough for a shelf for my diaper bags and laundry supplies, the diaper pail, a shoe rack, the dog/cat food bowls, the litter pan, and the girls' dresser! I've got hooks on the walls to hang clothes fresh from the dryer, I can fold the girls' clothes and put them right into their drawers, Pete can hang up his uniform top as soon as he walks in the door, we hang our keys there, and I even have a little clothesline to hang diaper covers on! Having a well-organized "work" room really makes things easier on me and that will be one of the things I look for when we go house-hunting!
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Not much. In fact, other than school and some simple crafts, I have NO plans! Yay!
Here is picture thought I am sharing... of Danica last Tuesday afternoon, bowling like the big girls. Have you noticed how impatient adult bowlers are? Kids are especially content to live in the moment...no matter how long that ball takes to get to the pins. The anticipation never wavers, the excitement never dulls. Even when it takes five minutes...and a bowling alley attendant doing a balancing act between the gutters to go and retrieve the ball that has stopped completely mid-lane!


Wanna share your simple thoughts this week? Go visit Peggy's site and see how to!

2 comments:

Leah said...

That is an adorable bowling pic!

Sleepy Cat Hollow said...

ROFL!

That picture looks like me bowling...minus the diaper! Hee! Please oh Please make it down there and hit something!

We have Taco Tuesdays too...only tonight we're going to have country pork ribs (they were on sale!).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...