Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook 10/13/08

Oops, a day late! You gotta love how these holiday weekends throw off the entire week! Now I'll be saying "What day is it?" till next Sunday rolls around!

FOR TODAY, OCTOBER 13th...
Outside My Window... it is beautiful. Autumn colors are starting to pop out of all the greenery, the cool morning is perfect, and the breeze is just right.

I am thinking... that I can't avoid folding that pile of laundry that I've been avoiding since the big 'ole spider crawled off of it onto my hand for too much longer. Surely the spider's gone by now? *shudder*

I am thankful for... God putting us in a perfect place to prepare for Pete's military retirement. His providence becomes more evident every day, and I can't help but smile!

From the kitchen... Chicken and dumplings tonight. With three of us sick (again), some good, old-fashioned comfort food is in order! Kelsey wants to make another apple pie from the two bagfuls of apples we picked from a friend's yard on Saturday. YUM!

I am wearing... Black capris and a tee shirt. Nowhere to go, why get fussy?

I am creating... a grocery list. Nothing fancy today, no crafts--my craft table is covered with laundry that the previously mentioned spider crawled out of just minutes after I removed them from the dryer. It's a psychological thing.

I am going... hmm, nowhere! I don't have to go anywhere today! I guess I'm going to sit on the couch and read to the girls, that's where I'm "going"!

I am reading... Well, today it's Mother Goose; The Berenstain Bears Big Book of Science and Nature; Eric Carle's Animals, Animals; The Children's Everyday Bible; and maybe I'll fit in the time to read something for myself!

I am hoping... that Shelby doesn't get this cold that Jamie, Dani, and I have been fighting this last few days. There's nothing more pitiful than a sick infant!

I am hearing... the two little kittens we adopted over the weekend playing upstairs with the toys we left up there for them, and the dogs nextdoor barking and pawing at the fence. Note to self: check nextdoor neighbor's backyard proximity to our windows before seriously considering purchase of a house.

Around the house... is a post-holiday-weekend mess. Jon and Pete tore the house and carport apart while the girls and I were at the homeschool group meeting yesterday, and then there's the spider-laundry to contend with. I guess today is a laundry day!

One of my favorite things... is getting Christmas shopping and creating done well in advance. I'm behind already this year! Better get on the ball!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Danica's birthday is next Monday, but we're doing her family party on Sunday, so I suppose that besides the typical household 'stuff', I'll be preparing for her birthday this week! I think a trip to Party City will take care of most of it, but I also have to find a template of a dog bone....you'll have to wait till next week to see why! Oh yeah, and I have to go to JCPenney to return this bassinette that my parents bought us for Shelby even though it's perfect, I love it, and we've been using it daily since she was born. Silly product recall--way to mess up a good thing!

Here is picture thought I am sharing... did you know that people who own pets tend to have lower blood pressure than those who live in pet-free homes? There's something very calming and heartwarming about watching kittens play. Who cares if it's wasted time!?
Many thanks to Peggy for hosting the Simple Woman's Daybook. Go check her site out!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...